Monday, September 21, 2009

Kissing with none clothes on!

William (7), Joseph (5) sitting in the back of the car.

We’re all sunburned and restful.

On our way home from a wonderful day of windsurfing at the dam.

Daniela (2) lies sleeping, her face angelic, in my lap.

“Mommie?”, from Joseph wondering if I’d dropped off.

“Mmmm?”, I reply drowsily.

“Those boys by da water say dat some people day kiss”.

“Mmmmm really Joe, that’s nice, people do kiss, yes”, I reply.

“Ja, that’s what they were talking about”, emphatically from William.

“Mommie?”, from Joe.

“Mmmmm?”

“Mommie, but day say da’ve got none clothes on”, trying to get my attention,which it did, “really Joe, which boys were these?”

“Those big boys at the dam”, confirms William quietly.

“Oh Ja?”, not knowing where they wanted to go with this.

“Mommie?”, persists Joe.

“Mmmm?”

“Mommie, but day dat da girl she taked off her bwa!”, he says dramatically.

“No clothes mom, they were bare!”, adds William ,triumphant.

“Ok, I think then maybe it was a mommie and a daddy Joe?”, I reassure him.

“NO”, states William categorically “They were big kids”, nodding his head.

OK, I think, here we go!

“Mommie?” Joe asks softly, “Mommie?”, coming close to my face with his.

“Yes Joe Joe”, I ask.

I’m now wide awake and ready, “What is it my love?”

“Mommie, Whats a bwa?”

No comments:

Post a Comment