Saturday, September 12, 2009

Five Star Fun

I take my video back to laser video vending machine and wonder at what the world coming to. No personal touch, no human interaction.
A machine that spits out a dvd and even says “thankyou”. (with an American accent)
I am tempted and some days do reply, “it’s a pleasure”.

I know that Craig manages the operation and hear him shuffling around in the backroom from time to time.
He emerges from the poster of Grand Torino and I decide to have some fun.

I stop dead and stare at him aghast.
“I KNEW there had to be someone in there!”
He starts to explain “No…..”,
I override with “How often do you get out?”,
“Your voice sounds amazing through the slot!” and
“Do you ever get any sun?”

We both start to laugh as I assure him that I’m only joking.

He seems a bit dubious though and I’m aware of his little frown and his concern for my mental state.

He’s still watching me as I leave and I spot the ATM.

Naughty I know, but I lean close to the money dispenser and try and engage the person in the ATM in conversation………………when I don’t get an answer, I tip my head in disappointment and turn to wave goodbye to a VERY flabbergasted young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment