Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Geriatric Joyride

I’m just finishing off with a client in my studio and a loud “MWHAAAAAAAAAAAAaeeee”, sounds outside and trails away down the road.

I see my client out and a white honda passes with another “MWHAAAAAAAAAAAdyyyyyyyyyyy” trailing away again.

I recognise my name in there somewhere so I crane my neck and catch a glimpse of the back of the car with someone hanging out of the window and step closer to see what the dickens is going on!

Here it comes again, and yes, I’m sure that looks like my parents’ car? I recognise my mom hanging out of the window, arms flailing! “MAANdyyyyyyyyyy”.

She’s seen me and I wait as they come around the block for the fourth round, this time
shouting “MAANdy open the gaaaaaate”.

Well, obviously I do as I’m told, as quickly as possible, AND clear the area!

They have entry! They make a decisive detour and come to a neat stop in the driveway!

The look on my face? “The aliens have landed!”

My windswept mom steps out with a big smile, “is it ok if we stop for tea?”

“Of course, but are you ok? Is there a problem?”, I ask with wide disbelieving eyes and a mouth that doesn’t want to listen when I say “close”.

“No problem, the car keeps cutting out every time we stop, so we thought we’d just HAVE to stop INSIDE.”

No comments:

Post a Comment