Friday, March 9, 2012

I Know You!

I registered on a dating site in the morning and by the afternoon I had a list of forty five men interested in chatting. I’ll admit, not all of them wanted to chat and most of them were more than ten years my junior. Why is it that the men of forty want twenty year olds and the men of thirty want cougers? One young married man, twenty years younger than me apparently wanted to have a steamy affair. I told him to go and buy his wife a bunch of flowers and blocked him.

The strangest pickup line I’d heard was, “but I thought I saw you just this morning!”

When I told Paul so, he laughed and said he was dead serious. I had made Photostats in his print shop that morning and he recognized me on the dating site. What are the chances?!
We started chatting and although I was way older than him, he said that he’d like to send me his standard “first chat note”, just in case I changed my mind? Yes, of course, I agree, finding this most fascinating.

 The “standard” first chat note was a letter telling of how he saw my face and knew that I was THE ONE. He had had a dream and…………………besides being the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen, he LOVED what I said on my profile and it’s so amazingly similar to his. I’m classy and the best thing that’s ever happened to him to date. This is a match made in heaven, I have been waiting for you. We have to meet, you can’t miss this chance. I KNOW you!

The letter goes on and on extolling the virtues of said love match.

“So Paul, the same letter goes to all the women you’d like to meet?”, I ask.

“Yes, copy and paste”, Paul replies, “you interested?”

 I laugh “Well! Yes and no.”

 Yes, I’m speechless!

 …and no, I’m not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment