Saturday, March 10, 2012

Half a century - a poem from my children

*Mandy’s life is never a bore …..At Natures Place number 64
*Pilates is her bread and butter …..”I want my mommy”, grown men mutter
*Even if her clients are on all fours …..she doesn’t discriminate – “she strengthens cores”
*I have never seen a skill any finer …..as she’s driving, texting and applying eyeliner
*Almost a crash and a disastrous show …..she looks at the victim and says “Helloooo!”
*She never does bad I tell you that …..unless she is stealing the neighbours cat!
*At able-bodied people she’ll  be angry and barking …..only when they’re in the disabled parking
*Then she surprised us all as a heartstopper …..when she popped on our screen as Pick ‘n Pay smartshopper
*But lets turn our heads away from blame …..what I’m here to say is this girls got game
*Wherever Mandy dares to roam …..she turns a house into a home
*Even in a house of ice …..she’ll make you feel so warm and nice
*You have made three, Will Jo and Dan …..I tell you now we’re your biggest fans
*You’ve been there for us through thick and thin …..and given us the best chance for us to win
*She never gets tense, stressed or brawly …..thanks to the power of now and Eckardt Tolle
*Creative, insightful, talented galore …..cycling, swimming, music and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment