Monday, June 10, 2013

Undo undo on the weather post.....

I looked out of the window and the weather looked fine.
I was off to a picnic and dressed for summer time.
I even put on sunblock and a silly little vest,
just in case the weather was at it's best.
We got to the venue all cheery and bright
but felt in the air a frightening bite.
I added a jersey, then added some more
as it dawned on me slowly a pox was in store.
I shivered and shook the whole day long
and spoke about weather, how freezing and more.
It got colder and colder and I couldn't believe
that without enough clothing I wanted to leave,
but we were stuck and had to endure
the whole day with goosebumps and icy for sure.
My fingers were frozen, my toes tingling and sore
and I knew that the universe had a lesson in store.
When we're warm enough, great, we're lucky to be
but beware of the day you're caught out in the sea.
There are those who experience this all of the time
and I'm grateful and humbled for this home of mine.

MgM


No comments:

Post a Comment