Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fatherfear

Conditioned to fear, to run, to hide
No place is safe from harm
Dad said never trust anyone
While carrying whip in hand
When I look at you I see
Whatever I have seen
My eyes are shrouded with a mist
My filter skewed distorted
Anger, fear and jealousy
One pulls the love apart
To look for the worm the hidden thing
That lurks inside
And when you look again
It's gone,
I broke it tore it ripped it open
Leaving only shreds
The memory of it remains
And guilty full of shame
I try once more
Only to do the same
Help me to see your love anew
Listen with my heart
To feel the softness reach your hand
Trust is another land

When my heart is full of love you glow
I trust that this is true
Afraid of forgetting to hide away
Fear of you searching the house
To find me crouching in a cupboard
Before I sleep I look around to find a spot
To crawl to safety, just in case
Learning to be myself regardless of rebuke
Express without fear of backlash
Looking at you through my eyes
I think you may have been sent
Across my path to face myself
Release the hardened crud
And if i can I'll give to you
Whatever you may need
Sorting out the old and new
Sifting through the debris
Finding treasure we can keep
Walk the road together
Looking at you through my eyes
I see what has been seen

MgM

No comments:

Post a Comment