Monday, June 10, 2013

Dragging Cans

Every now and again I need to take the lid off and look at my life.

Ask myself a few questions.......

Am I in any way self medicating?

Have I let go of emotions or beliefs unnecessary and stale?
Am I defensive about any of my actions?
Have I been honest with myself about why I'm in the place that I am?
Do I have any unfinished business in my existing relationships?
Have I dealt with all unresolved issues in past relationships?
Are there any unanswered questions that I need to get off my chest?
Have I let go all emotional residue that holds me back and drains my energy, forgiving myself and others and putting my ego to bed?
Am I in denial about anything?
Am I able to sit in silence, without any distraction for a few hours?
When I take note of how much tension I've been holding in my body after mindfully relaxing my muscles, does it surprise me?
I take note of how much noise there is in my mind when I consciously meditate on nothing at all but silence.

Finally I visualize myself walking down the road with residue tethered to my belt, making noise, like cans on a bridal car. 
I cut the cords and walk away a little lighter for the time being.

MgM

No comments:

Post a Comment