Thursday, June 6, 2013

Traffic and Weather


How's the WEATHER?!
That's surely rhetorical isn't it? or do you really want an answer?
I mean The weather is either hot,cold, windy, raining, fine. There's nothing we're going to do about it and it is as it is. A little like stating the obvious, "It's FREEEZING!", when we're standing a meter apart in June and then freezing would be an exaggeration really. "Ja it's FREEEEZING! It wasn't this cold LAST year and what's going to happen next year!" It's winter right?
Sho but the WIND. Yeah it's August.

Someone accosts you as you approach, even before greeting and if not, very shortly after.
"Did you get TRAFFIC?"
 Huh? Well, I was on the highway and that's normally where the traffic is.......
"Was it bad?"
Bad?.....mmmmmm...well no, it was traffic.
"A LOT of trucks on the road."
The others were questions, this is a statement but I see I'm still required to relieve the worried face.
"It's backed up from such-and-such."
So what?

If there's that much traffic and congestion on the roads why would you be MORE stressed. Surely then one would drive very slowly and be completely relaxed.

I don't know how to have this conversation.

I do feel bad, so I usually answer "I didn't really notice, I was on the phone."




No comments:

Post a Comment