Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pride or Prejudice?

So every two weeks I head off to the drumming circle and sit around a fire connecting with myself, by rhythmically paddling an African drum. Some people have warned me that I am mixing with people who are dark and awakening the devil. The only people I think would be awakened are the neighbours, but maybe they think we are calling on the ancestors?
I wouldn’t know.

“Which ancestors would you like to call on tonight?”
Not sure cause I don’t know any?

So with this in mind, I was worried about where to practice my digeridoo in the complex where I live – but realized there is an upside.

When I first put my lips to the tube and blew, I was worried that my sound was more like a long fart and didn’t much sound like the droning sound the others made – until I got the droning sound and was ecstatic, and realized that the first sound WAS just like a long fart.

So the thing is – as long as the neighbours think I’m windy and not evil I recon I should be ok.

That’s the upside …..or should I rather say – the downside?

No comments:

Post a Comment