Saturday, January 30, 2016

The truth seeks the light....and Karma still applies (CC3)

Mr. Toastmaster.
Ladies and Gentlemen.

We can skew it. We can twist it. We can try and hide it.....but it will emerge none the less relieving us of a burden albeit with a red face.

I needed a deep garden bed dug for herbs in a grassed patch at the back of my house.
I persuaded the complex gardener to do the job during complex times and would pay him "on the quiet". A few blue buffalo notes did the trick.

Rista, the complex manageress is vigilant and always around.....I'll call her "Rista Clipboard".

I came home from lunch and heard a comforting thudding in the back garden. Satisfying sounds of a pick doing its damage. On my way to shower before going back to the studio for the afternoon sessions I heard a yell and "Madame!, Madame!" Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink. The water created a fountain and was gushing out of a break in the pipe.

No problem, I've got this, still under control.

We'll call Rista Clipboard. The gardener was horrified and explained that he would lose his job. Right!
He jumped over the wall at my instruction and made headway to the swimming pool enclosure to "weed".
I jumped into the muddy water to dirty myself and spread red mud all over my face arms and clothes.

Rista Clipboard appeared with a surprised face stepping gingerly in the moat which reached around the house.
I put on a wide smile, pick in hand. She must surely have been pretty impressed by my hard work and ran off to call the plumber and switch off the complex water.

See? No problem, I've got this, still under control.

The plumber arrived literally 5 minutes later and I made a mental note to get his card. He was really fast and I liked that. I greeted him and told him I was off to shower and stopped dead at the shake of his head and frown.
No water.
No?
No.
No pressure. No water. No shower!

My mind was racing but I had a plan, a very bright idea.
No problem, I've got this, still under control.
I ran up to the pool and scrubbed the red mud off my face and body. As the colour ran into the pool, I did feel a little bad but fobbed it off. There are more important things to worry about.

I came home to get the plumber card and told him what had happened and that I was so impressed.
How on earth had he got there so fast?
Turns out he lives across the lane from me.....in the same complex!

.....and there it was, the truth.
It lay between us in all it's clear glory.

I was red faced and embarrassed, but as I drove back to work I had a strange feeling of relief.

The truth was out.

There was nothing more to skew.
There was nothing more to twist.
There was nothing more to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment