Monday, February 28, 2011

Zoo-chology

It started with my friend Harduss' art exhibition to highlight the plight of the Rhino. I got to the zoo quite late and asked at the gate if I could quickly still pop in to see the exhibition. They said yes, but that because it was so close to closing, I should use the -Zoo Officials Only- gate. I drove down to the gate and explained to the zoo official where I was going and he opened the boom and directed me to the restaurant. There were no people at the zoo and I drove right up to the entrance and popped in to see the exhibition unhindered.....

Yesterday was the last day of Johanns exhibition and I was available to go around lunchtime.
I didn't  think twice, drove straight to the -Zoo Officials Only- gate and told them that I needed to get to the exhibition area....."No problem Madame, we'll drive ahead".
With the Zoo Official on the golf cart escourting me through throngs of Sunday animal lovers, I felt like the princesss on the float in the middle of Johannesburg. Everyone turned to stare, as we moved through the waves of people parting, might I add like the red sea, and a lot of not so happy Israelites.
I started to laugh and blush at the audacity of it all as we passed the flamingos and the elephants and drove up to the exhibition hall with people staring after us.
As we turned the corner Miekie, Johann and their friend looked up from there spot on the picnic blanket. Their faces turned from relaxed, to surprized, to w..t..f........?
The official indicated for me to park under the roof right in front of the foyer doors and nodded his head in greeting as he sped away on his zoomobile. I gave him a royal wave.

My friends just shook there incredulous faces and looked at me for the explanation and quite honestly I can't give them one. We just laughed and laughed and laughed at the craziness of it all!

My only suggestion is that I may have been the queen of Sheba in a previous life?

No comments:

Post a Comment