Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's never too late to try

When a friend told me about the Bronkhorstspruit Blues festival on the farm Witfontein, I decided to try my hand at a "deurnag jol". I love live music in a comfortable club and have always shied away from the camping scene of the true rockers who frequent weekend festivals.
I took note over the years as I listened to my kids chatting about the pros and cons of sleeping arrangements and decided to go with my daughters suggestion that one's car is the safest, warmest place to sleep.
I'm not sure if sleeping in your car can still be classed as camping but I did park next to a tent and I certainly feel as if I have been camping.
I think the lack of customery ablusions and sleep, and the fact that my flattened seats have a two inch ridge at the break have made for an experience never to be forgotten. I'm thinking of drafting a letter to Honda suggesting a minor change in the design for frequent festival fans.

After the aches and pains have subsided and the bruises are gone, I will only remember the fun and write it up in my book of  "Most-best Memories to Mull over!"
I will think back of the crowd jiving and bopping to Karen Zoid.
I will hear Valient Swart's deep rich voice, soothing in my mind.
I will marvel at the talent of Albert Frost and his amazing guitars.
I will look back and say "yes! remember that amazing weekend!"

2 comments:

  1. Why do we fear these silly things? that's what I want to know - a tiny shift out of one's comfort zone

    ReplyDelete