Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Five Years Younger in just Forty Minutes.

I’ve put off coloring my hair the whole week.
The box of “chocolate 500”, a mocking reminder that I need to use it in the first place and then still halve it in the second, but my grey roots are insisting on some attention.
The thought of giving the 8am fitness class to ten young women at virgin active helps to motivate me.
I set my alarm for six this morning to deal with the pressing crisis.

I groan as I sleepily slap the light switch and realize that it had blown the night before.
Do I really have to balance on a high chair with the torch in my mouth and a screw driver in my hand ?
I look in the mirror and realize there’s no way I could even see the grey in this light.
So yes, out comes the chair, the torch, the screwdriver and as I reach for the very fuzzy screw I realize that I need my glasses !

So now I’m back on the chair peering through the glasses swearing at the bad light and this screwdriver just isn’t doing the job.
After a few mumbled choice words with screws in my mouth, the cover is off.
I do a power backbend and a super sidebend to reach the bulb and the job is done!
I hop off the chair test the switch and up again to return the cover.
In the light of a new 100w globe I realize that the screwdriver is full of dry mud. I had some weeds in my paving and I’ve always used a screwdriver……

So I mix the colour and daub on the miracle that will make me look 5 years younger, make me feel full of fun and energy, sexy, and confident - all in just forty minutes!

STOP PRESS

When I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror I gave a shriek!
I had waited the allotted forty minutes but had forgotten that the eyebrow dye only takes five. So now I have beautiful chocolate roots and very thick pitch black eyebrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment